How to top up Paypal using Cimb Clicks directly
Paypal has allow us to top up / transfer money directly from local bank into paypal. The method of topping up is same for every bank and this guide i’m making can be use by users of other local banks as well. What do you need to be able to use this option ;
- 1. A paypal account that has already been activated
- 2. Online bank account such as Cimb Clicks, RHB , Bank Islam, Pbe bank , maybank2u, hong leong online.
- 3. Enable pop up browser in your browser. In firefox that will be in tools-option-content- untick disable pop up . You may not be able to complete this transaction if you did not disable block pop-up browser.
2. Input amount of money you wish to top up. Make sure you choose USD, if you accidently pick MYR or other currency, you may not be able to use the amount of money you top up later. This is because most transaction with merchants is in USD.
3. A window will pop-up asking which bank would you be topping your paypal with. In this guide we’ll be using Cimb Clicks.
4. The next window will open your bank login webpage. Login your online bank as usual and request TAC. After that click submit and wait for it to process. Do print or save screenshot of the receipt of your transaction. FPX window from before will show that transaction has been approved. Click next and paypal will update your top-up.
5. When you check your balance, you will see the amount of money has been updated.
After topping up paypal using cimb clicks, I checked in my Paypal profile – Add/ Edit Bank account and saw my CIMB Bank account has been added as my primary bank. Upon checking what the status means, paypal explain;
By the looks of it, we Malaysian might be able to activate our Paypal just by adding local bank account. No more credit cards, probably.